Friday, February 10, 2012

Rockin' on the Rock

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of going down to Phoenix and participate in a Christian Rock festival. My disaster team's mobile kitchen was deployed and just a couple of us were employed in feeding the musicians. There were about 70-80 bands and some of them were big name Christian groups. Kutless was among them, as well as a few others of whom I had heard, but had not heard. Feeding people is a great way to get to know people....everyone wants to be your friend when you have food. I thought it might be a great time to witness to some young people, but they had that covered and I have to say that when I spoke to some of the musicians about the Lord, I was literally "preaching to the choir" albeit an unusual choir.

Although I didn't necessarily care for some of the music....(I'm old) I loved their attitudes. I stood backstage with the front man from a band from Canada (I can't remember any of the band names, but his was Jason)



and we told jokes to each other. He told me a "Neufie" joke (big in Canada) and I told him a couple that were equally as unfunny. We both pretended to laugh and thoroughly enjoyed one another's company. God's people are great to get to know and it doesn't matter the setting. I have an idea that Heaven will be a place that surprises a bunch of us. God has certainly made a patchwork of personalities with which to decorate His kingdom. We all stand on the same rock and it's pretty solid and there's room enough for everyone. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Admin said...

Nice to see you back on blogging!

Sounds like you had a great experience "rockin' it out". :o)

Followers